Overhead Door Corporation offers a wide array of rolling steel doors to meet the most demanding fire safety standards, unusual opening sizes and discerning aesthetic requirements. Designed to close automatically in the event of a fire or alarmed event, our fire-rated doors are available for service door and counter applications in commercial, industrial, institutional and retail projects.
All doors comply with NFPA-80, and are listed for both masonry and non-masonry applications — including installation to wood or steel jambs within drywall. The Fire Sentinel® time-delay release device provides an added measure of safety to control the doors’ closure. Our FireKingTM Fire Doors feature an innovative floor reset hoist system, designed to eliminate the need to release a fire door’s spring tension on fire drop mode and allows one person to reset the door from the floor.
- Wide range of sizes and styles meet or exceed industry fire safety testing standards including Underwriters Laboratories (UL & ULC), Factory Mutual (FM), New York City, and the State of California (CSFM) requirements
- Doors are compliant with all NFPA-80 standards
- Constructed of galvanized or stainless steel in a variety of gauges, slat designs and finishes for unsurpassed strength, durability and style
- Door closes automatically under governor control after separation of fuse link. UL recommends a 165°F (74°C) fuse link for ambient conditions for 100°F (38°C) or less, or a 212°F (100°C) fuse link for ambient conditions over 100°F (38°C)
- Door guide assembly rests on the sill or floor to provide an attractive finished appearance eliminating setup gaps.
- Guides expand upward during a fire
- Our rolling service fire doors can accommodate openings up to 41’2″ wide (12547.6 mm) or 25’4″ (7721.6 mm) high (max. 683 sq ft or 63452776 sq mm) with up to a 4-hour UL rating
- Counter fire doors fit openings to 14′ (4267.2 mm) wide and 10′ (3048 mm) high with either a 3-hour or 1 1/2-hour UL rating, and are optionally available with a 1 1/2-hour rated plastic laminated countertop
- Integral frame and sill counter fire doors with a 1 1/2-hour UL rating afford a handsome finished look
- Motor operated counter fire door does not require tension reset after automatic fire release
- Operation: Options include push-up, chain hoist, crank and electric motor (fire doors: RHX® or RSX®; fire counter doors: CDXTM)
- UL-listed FireLite® vision lites in 4-, 3-, and 1 1/2-hour labels allow visual access without compromising safety
- Additional safety options include the Fire Sentinel® time-delay release device, photoelectric or ionization-type smoke detectors (with or without heat detector), as well as solid-state horn, strobe or voice enunciators
- Windload options are available for Florida Building Code (FBC), Miami-Dade, Texas Department of
- Insurance (TDI)
- UL-listed brush-type smoke seals satisfy smoke retardation requirements
- Firestop® fire-resistant core countertops covered with popular brands of decorative laminates allow
- coordination of project design elements for use with counter fire doors